We are thrilled to announce that we have become a full BERNINA Excellence dealership! We are now even listed on the BERNINA USA dealer locater site, which I am so excited about that I go check it a few times a day, just to make sure we are really there. It is thrilling to see Modern Domestic pop up as the closest dealership to my house when I enter my zip code.
What does this mean anyway? Will we still offer classes? Does that mean I can sew at MD even if I don’t own a BERNINA? Hey, what the heck? Well, here are some answers to your (or at least the ones I assume you might have) questions:
- We will now be able to get a lot of support from BERNINA. Including things like events and clubs that are standard at other dealerships. We will have wonderful access to all the amazing consumer support, sales, financing events, and more that BERNINA offers.
- We now offer all brand service right here at Modern Domestic! We are certainly in transition here, as we get our tech trained, set up the repair center, and adjust to the process of having machines come and go. Part of this arrangement is that anytime you leave your machine here for service, you will be able to open sew while we have it for repair at NO CHARGE! This is going to make the short wait much more bearable, and projects still able to be finished even though your machine only sews backwards or needs a general clean, oil, and adjust.
- There will be 6 new BERNINA 440QE’s in the downstairs classroom, and 7 new models coming to the front of the store. Including the amazing 830LE, Artista 640E, Artista 630, Bernettes, the Activa 210, Deco and more! We can’t wait to show you all about these machines. We will represent all BERNINA price points, starting about $200 and going all the way up to the top of the line 830LE.
- We will still offer loads of classes, exceptional customer service, drop-in open sewing, and Friday Night Sewcials.
- You can absolutely get machine support for all brands here. From exceptional service and troubleshooting, to some presser feet and accessories. Janome and Babylock will no longer be sold here at MD. They are also wonderful brands that we believe in, but we feel that we can best serve our customer by offering BERNINA. It is the most excellent sewing machine on the market, a family owned company that has never been bought or sold, and they are so incredibly passionate about what they are making and teaching, it is the perfect fit for us.
If you have other questions as we go through this process, please feel free to ask. Also, be sure to come by and check out some of the amazing machines that we will add to our current line up, we are VERY excited about many of these models. Because nothing sews like a BERNINA, nothing.