All of my students have heard me rave about my recent obsession — Pinterest! Oh my, I can spend hours on this inspirational website. If you haven’t already gotten hooked on it, you MUST check it out! Here’s how it works:
- First of all, you have to be invited so find a friend who has an account and get them to invite you.
- Sign up and start creating your own boards. Pinterest gives you some suggestions which are helpful, but be creative and come up with your own names. Anything can be edited at any time so get started and add boards as you get inspired and change the original ones.
- Once you create a board, pinterest will pop up a window giving you the “pin it” button to drag to your tool bar.
- Any website, blog, etc that you are on that you see something that wows you, you click your pin it button and every image from that website appears in a new window and you click the image you want to pin, then select the board you want it posted on and write a note about what you liked.
- You can follow your favorite people, individual boards or simply “repin” any image you find on other people’s boards to your own board.
- You will have the most lovely, organized collection of pretties! When you click on your images, it will give you the original website it came from. For example, you find a fantastic free pattern from Anna Marie Horner, or a project you absolutely must make from Purl Bee, you can pin the image and then when you go back to it later, it will give you the original web address to get the instructions.
I have found countless images that have inspired my future sewing projects. I love love love this site and I think you will too. Here are a few of my recent sewing related pins.