- This event has passed.
Beginning Sewing: Boxed Pouch
January 21, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm PST$20
We are thrilled to bring step-by-step sewing education to you VIRTUALLY. Zippers aren’t intimidating! These useful lined pouches can hold just about anything! They make perfect gifts and can be made in different sizes. You will complete one pouch in class and you will learn how to make adjustments to the size for your future projects. This class is perfect for beginners who have sewn a little but want to gain confidence on their machine.
- 1 fat quarter for main fabric
- 1 fat quarter for lining fabric
- 14” plastic teeth zipper (regular coil, not invisible)
- 1/2 yard Craft Fuse 808 Interfacing
- 1/3 yard 1” twill tape
- Mettler Metrosene all-purpose polyester thread
- Iron and ironing board
- Recommended but not required: Rotary cutter & cutting mat
- Fabric marking tool (recommend Frixion pen or Chacopen)
- Seam gauge
- Pins or Wonder Clips
- Your own sewing machine to work from home during zoom class
- A zipper foot for your sewing machine
- Note: this class requires a working sewing machine. Make sure to test your machine prior to class. Class time does not permit troubleshooting non-working machines.
Supplies are available for purchase at Modern Domestic. Please purchase supplies in advance of your class. In-store pickup is available at both locations, and shipping is free on orders $75 and up.
Class Level: Beginner (age 15 & up) *Zoom link will be sent out two days before class.
What is a Beginner-level class at Modern Domestic? You’ve taken a class or two and are starting to get comfortable with the basics. You know what a seam allowance is, you’ve sewn a little on your own, but you still need a little help with remembering how to thread the machine and wind a bobbin. This skill level is not for people who have never used a sewing machine before.
*72 hour class cancellation notification required for refund. This class requires a working sewing machine and access to the internet. No refunds will be given due to sewing machine or connectivity issues.