Advanced Beginner Garment Class: Plateau Joggers
November 1 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm PDT$210
Instructor: Rachel Halse
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner*, ages 15 and up
Class Length: 4 sessions, 2.5 hrs each session
The Plateau Joggers are an elevated take on classic knit jogging pants. With a high rise, unique wrap-around pockets, and a comfy elastic waist, they are ideal loungewear at home or on the street.
This class is perfect for anyone who wants to learn beginner serger skills and requires no serger experience! It will cover threading sergers, setting sergers and sewing machines up to handle your fabric properly, using walking feet, and other great tips and tricks for sewing knitwear .
– Plateau Jogger Pattern by Closet Core
– Fabric– thicker knit fabrics like Sweatshirt Fleece, Polar Fleece, French Terry and Ponte with at least 15% crosswise stretch. For a lighter pair of joggers, choose medium to heavy weight jersey knits.
– 1 spool of Mettler Metrosene All-Purpose Polyester Thread (coordinating or color matching recommended)
– 4 spools Maxi Lock (coordinating or color matching recommended)
– 1-2 Yards 2 inch elastic
– Optional: 2 yards drawstring for waist finish
*Make sure to pre-wash your fabric in advance of class. This prevents possible fabric shrinkage that could otherwise make your finished garment too small.
Be prepared – purchase your supplies online or in person! Class supplies are available for purchase at Modern Domestic. To purchase supplies online and pick up the day of your class, just select NE Alberta Store for pick-up. To purchase supplies in store, we recommend allowing at least 45 minutes to shop. Please note that our store hours are Monday-Saturday, 10am-5pm.
*Skill Level: Advanced Beginner – You have a good handle on the basics and are ready to dip your toe into more challenging waters. You’re still fairly new to sewing from patterns and could use help with how to manipulate the pattern to get a better fit. You want to add some new skills to your repertoire (invisible zippers, setting-in sleeves, sewing with a serger, etc.). Classes generally require homework.