MD Open Sewing Policies:
Open sewing is meant to be independent studio time for you and those around you. Please respect other’s desire to maximize their time in our store.
- Please be considerate with employees’ time. While we love to assist you with simple questions about the machines and projects, we are there to help all sewists, customers, teachers, and do other store duties. If you would like to schedule a time for one-on-one assistance, any staff member will be happy to do so.
- Open Sewing is for adults aged 18 and older. Children under 18 are not able to participate in independent open sewing. Check the calendar for upcoming kids and “all ages” sewing classes and camps.
- Bobbins are provided for your project or class while at MD. If you would like to own your bobbin, you may buy them individually and take them home. Otherwise, leave them with us and we will pass them on to the next eager sewist.
- Tools and machine accessories are here for your use and are included in the hourly rate. When checking out your tool kit or any of our presser feet, we require that you leave your credit card or driver’s license; upon returning all of the items, your card is returned to you.
- Thread use is not included. It is however available for purchase, so don’t worry if you forget it at home.
- Use of Embroidery machines is not included. If you would like to do machine embroidery, please check out our Embroidery DIY class.
- Use of the Quilt Frame is not included. If you would like to use this, you must first take a class and then schedule a session.