Everyone loves a sexy pencil skirt! Make one in wool and pair with your favorite blouse for work, or stitch one in a cute cotton print or denim to wear around town. This versatile and easy skirt is unlined with front and back darts for a flattering fit. In this class you will learn how to put in an invisible zipper, finish edges with a serger, sew a blind hem, and work with bias tape. This makes a great first project working with a pattern and beginning to fit clothing on your body.
Supply List for Perfect Pencil Skirt
- BOOK REQUIRED: Sew Everything Workshop by Diana Rupp (available at Modern Domestic)
- Swedish tracing paper (available at Modern Domestic)
- Fabric, prewashed. 45″ wide: 1 7/8 yard, 60″ wide: 1 yard. Recommend cotton, linen, wool, or blends of these fabrics.
- Thread in color to match or contrast (available at Modern Domestic)
- 9” invisible zipper (available at Modern Domestic)
- 1 package double-fold bias tape or length to accommodate just over waist dimension (Note: bias tape will be on inside of garment, so an exact color match isn’t necessary)
All students are eligible for a 10% discount on class supplies at Modern Domestic or Bolt Fabric Boutique, with receipt from class registration.