Grab the nearest child and join Anna to learn a simple and satisfying technique for machine applique. This class will show you how to quickly and easily transform a plain cafe apron or set of tea towels into a small work of art. You will focus on color and pattern, how to design appliques successfully, and how to use the machine to finish your project. You can use this great new skill to embellish anything from pillowcases, to curtains and clothing. Once you start, you will want to add a touch of flair to all sorts of things! This class fee includes one parent and child pair.
Supply List for Parent and Child: Intro to Applique
There is no book or pattern required for this class.
- 1 yard medium weight cotton or linen, washed, dried, and pressed (for apron, 2 yards 1″ twill tape) EACH PERSON NEEDS THIS ITEM
- 1 yard Trans Web* available at MD either before or day of class
- fabric for applique–get creative! Choose at least 4 fabrics that you are excited to use in your design. Do not be afraid to mix colors and patterns. Bring a mix of solid and prints, and keep in mind that smaller scale patterns are easier to use and 1/8-1/4 yard (or fat quarters) should be plenty. Scraps work well here too!
- shapes and ideas of inspirations that you may want to use
- thread to match your fabrics*
All students are eligible for a 10% discount on class supplies at Modern Domestic or Bolt Fabric Boutique, with receipt from class registration.