This super comfortable and very cute vintage-inspired dress features a peter pan collar, keyhole neckline, and an easy-to-make elastic waist. While this pattern can be made with a woven or a knit, this class focuses on making this dress with knit fabric. You’ll gain experience working with knits on a sewing machine and serger, and you’ll learn how to apply bias binding to finish an edge.
- PATTERN REQUIRED: Miz Mozelle Dress by Jamie Christina, available locally in limited quantity at Bolt Fabric Boutique or online at: http://jamiechristina.com/collections/sewing-patterns-1/products/miz-mozelle-dress-sewing-pattern
- Jersey or Interlock knit fabric in yardage required for size desired, prewashed
- 1 package or 3 yards 1/2″ double-fold bias tape
- 1 small button (1/4″ or 1/2″)
- 1 to 2 yards 1/4″ elastic — amount required depends on waist measurement (available at Modern Domestic)
- Thread to match or contrast (available at Modern Domestic)
- 1/2 yard lightweight fusible interfacing (available at Modern Domestic)
- Swedish tracing paper (available at Modern Domestic)
- 1 pack Jersey 80/12 needles (available at Modern Domestic)
- 1 stretch twin 4,0/75 needle (available at Modern Domestic)
All students are eligible for a 10% discount on class supplies at Modern Domestic or Bolt Fabric Boutique, with receipt from class registration.