Sew everything you need for your next sleepover! Join us for this fun sewing camp and hone your sewing skills! Campers will learn how to use patterns, sewing machines, and will do some hand-sewing on these super fun projects. This camp is beginner-friendly and is designed for young sewers of all skill levels. Finished projects include a pillowcase, Jams-sies (sleeping shorts), an appliqued t-shirt, a stuffed ‘softie’ and more.
Supply List for Kids Sewing: Sleepover Supplies
A basic kit including many of the necessary supplies is included in the class fee. This includes–
- 1 yard (or one package) 3/4″ elastic
- shorts pattern
- coordinating thread
- poly-fil stuffing
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS
Fabric for pillow case. Please choose 100% coordinating quilting cottons, 44″ wide (Extra fabric will be used for additional projects):
PLEASE PRE-WASH FABRIC
- 3/4 yard main front fabric
- 3/4 yard back fabric
- 1/2 yard front contrast fabric
Fabric for Softie:
- *You will use left-over fabrics from your other projects. Coordinate the following with those.
- 1/4 yard (or fat quarter) of a soft fabric, such as polar fleece, corduroy, or cotton flannel (no fake fur please) or an item of personal clothing to ‘upcycle’ and cut up
- 1 felt sheet in a color of your choice (for face)
- optional: ribbon or ric rac (for embellishment), embroidery floss, a few fun buttons (for eyes and decoration)
Fabric for Jams-sies:
- 1 1/2 yards of 100% quilting cotton, 44″ wide
T-shirt to embellish.
All students are eligible for a 10% discount on class supplies at Modern Domestic or Bolt Fabric Boutique, with receipt from class registration.