Seriously cute and seriously easy. In this one session class you will learn more about the grain of fabric and how it affects garment construction. We’ll go over some fun techniques including french seams, fold-over elastic, & hemming using bias tape. This is the perfect class to gain new skills and make a super awesome wardrobe staple that you will love to wear year round.
Supply List for Bias Cut Beginner Skirt
- Pattern Required: McCalls 2255 (available at Modern Domestic, or online here).
- 2 yds of light- to medium-weight fabric. Natural fiber is better. Consider using light denim, cotton, silk, or lightweight wool.
- 1.75 yards of coordinating fold-over elastic. I’m asking for a little extra so we can practice applying it. Wider is better–it’s easier to work with. Available at Bolt, Fabric Depot, and Mill End.
- 2 yds of single fold bias tape in a coordinating or contrast color for hem. This will not be seen on the outside.
- coordinating thread for both fabric and fold-over elastic, if different*
- Swedish Tracing Paper*
All students are eligible for a 10% discount on class supplies at Modern Domestic or Bolt Fabric Boutique, with receipt from class registration.