Supply List for Amazing Fit Blazer
- PATTERN REQUIRED: SIMPLICITY 2446 – available locally at Fabric Depot and other fabric stores that carry the Simplicity line. Make sure to get the correct pattern envelope for your body size. Measure yourself and find the corresponding size number — pattern sizing is not the same as commercial sizing so do not go by the size you normally purchase in retail stores.
- Main fabric: Yardage required for size desired, prewashed if appropriate for the fabric. Recommended fabrics: Lightweight wool, lightweight denim, baby cord, seersucker, linen or linen blend.
- Lining fabric: Yardage required for size desired, prewashed if appropriate for the fabric. Recommended fabrics: lining fabrics like acetate, china silk, or silk-like rayon or polyester.
- Two 1” buttons
- Six 3/8” buttons
- One pair of ¼” shoulder pads – available locally at Fabric Depot
- 2 3/8” yards 20” wide fusible interfacing (recommend woven interfacing like Shape-Flex) – available at Modern Domestic
- Swedish tracing paper – available at Modern Domestic
- Thread to match main fabric – available at Modern Domestic
CLASS PRE-WORK: Please come to class with the pattern pieces for your size traced. We will check the traced pattern for fit and cut fabric during class. Bring your tracing paper and original pattern to class in case changes need to be made to the pieces you traced. If you need help with tracing or have questions prior to class, please contact the instructor at [email protected].
CLASS HOMEWORK: Please plan on a few hours of homework between each class session (homework duration will depend on how quickly or slowly you tend to work during class). You are welcome to complete homework at Modern Domestic as part of your class fee (no additional charge) or at home.
All students are eligible for a 10% discount on class supplies at Modern Domestic or Bolt Fabric Boutique, with receipt from class registration.